Company: Bushido-Kai Budoya
Tape Name: The Principles of Aiki: Part 2
Length of Tape/Time: 120 minutes
Number of Moves/Techniques:
Return Policy: ?
Experiences in dealing with this company: Fantastic
Instructor: Don Angier & Tony Annesi
Company's Address: Bushido-Kai Budoya,
300 Elliot St. Ste. 369, Ashland, MA, 01701
Company's Phone Number: 508-881-4007
Primary Grading Criteria:
1. Production/Tape Quality: 1
2. Instructors demonstrated skill level: 1
3. Comprehension Score/Immediate Understanding: 1
4. Degree to which this will make someone a better Martial Artist: 1
5. Score on delivery vs. hype: 1
6. Degree to which we'd recommend this product: 1
7. Wasted Time (The higher the number,the less "fluff"/repetition): 1
8. Playback Score/Watching it over-and-over again: 1
9. Would I purchase more of this company's products: 1
10. Overall grade based on cost vs. value: 1
Grand Total: 10% (Poor = )
Secondary Grading Criteria:
1. Beginners benefit: Poor
2. Intermediate benefit: Poor
3. Advanced benefit:
4. Time to benefit: Immediate on some, awhile on others.
5. The need to
buy additional tapes to understand this one: None
I really liked this
second tape from Mr. Angier and Mr. Annesi. There is no doubt that both are extremely
skilled. After watching both tapes, I'm now a convert. They've made me a big fan
of "Aiki". Hopefully they'll allow us to review more of their tapes in
Once again they provide some great information. However the production
quality again got in the way, of me being able to totally understand the information
and techniques shown. A little less this time though.
If it weren't for the
production quality, audio and camera shots (again show me the foot placement on every
technique), these tapes might've scored in the 90's.
I know it was filmed
live, but I still can't understand why the sound was drowned out by the high noise
level. Or why the cameraman didn't make sure every shot showed the whole body, instead
of some just showing from the waist up.
Anyhow both were good tapes, and
would be a good buy.