Company: The Defense Institute
Tape Name: CCI Correctional Control Tactics & DICATE SPECIAL OPs
Tape Cost: ?
Length of Tape/Time: 2 DVDS
Number of Moves/Techniques: Numerous
Return Policy: ?
Experiences in dealing with this company: Great
The Instructor: John Petrone
Company Address: 725 Garden of the Gods Road. Colorado Springs, Colorado 80907
Company's Phone Number: 719-434-8029
Web Page: Vee Arnis Jujitsu Colorado
Primary Grading Criteria:
1. Production Quality: 8
2. Instructors demonstrated skill level: 10
3. Comprehension Score/Immediate Understanding: 10
4. Degree to which this will make someone a better Martial Artist: 10
5. Score on Delivery Vs Hype: 10
6. Degree to which you would recommend this product: 7
7. Wasted time (The Higher the number, the less “Fluff “/repetition):10
8. Playback score/watching it over and over again: 7
9. Would I purchase more of this company’s products: 5
10. Overall grade based on cost VS value 8
Grand Total: 85% (Very Good = 4.0 Stars)
Secondary Grading Criteria:
1. Beginners benefit: Very Good
2. Intermediate benefit: Very Good
3. Advanced benefit: Very Good
4. Time to benefit: Immediate
5. The need to buy additional tapes to understand this one: None
Why am I on the fence with these two DVDs? John Petrone is a student of David James and is teaching Vee Arnis on these two DVDs. This tells us that all the techniques are sound; after all they are Vee Arnis techniques. It comes down to where you want to get your info from. To me the choice is clear, David James. James is a great teacher, almost like a preacher he gets so emotional when speaking. My feeling is you might as well go to the source. If there were no David James DVDs, then I would say buy the Defense Institute products. The last time I looked we had reviewed with grades of 100 per cent at least fifteen David James tapes. Sorry Mr. Petrone, nothing personal but I know where I’m going to spend my money.
Rick Weisbrot (Reviewer) - With 30 plus years of martial arts training, Rick currently trains students one-on-one in Manhattan, focusing on combative principles that anyone can apply.
Click here to go to reviews 401-500
1997-2016 Martial Arts Video Reviews. All Rights Reserved.