Tape Name: Street Safe # 1
Tape Cost: $39.00
Length of Tape/Time:
Number of Moves/Techniques: 8
Return Policy: Varies by title
dealing with this company: Good
The Instructor: Paul Vunak
Company's Address: 606 Acequia Avenue, Visalia, CA. 93292
Company's Phone Number: 1-800-899-8153
Web Page: http://www.trsdirect.com/instructorbio.php?int=pvunak
Primary Grading Criteria:
1. Production/Tape Quality: 10
2. Instructors demonstrated skill level: 10
3. Comprehension Score/Immediate Understanding: 10
4. Degree to which this will make someone a better Martial Artist: 10
5. Score on delivery vs. hype: 10
6. Degree to which we'd recommend this product: 10
7. Wasted Time (The higher the number,the less "fluff"/repetition): 10
8. Playback Score/Watching it over-and-over again: 10
9. Would I purchase more of this company's products: 10
10. Overall grade based on cost vs. value: 10
Grand Total: 100% (Excellent = )
Secondary Grading Criteria:
1. Beginners benefit: Excellent
2. Intermediate benefit: Excellent
4. Time to benefit: For some, immediate, others, a little time
The need to buy additional tapes to understand this one: None whatsoever !
This tape gives a person exactly what it says it does. It provides the non-martial artist 8 simple techniques that allow them to have a street effective fighting plan, without spending time in the dojo. This is a really good video This is a tape that EVERYONE SHOULD OWN. Get it for yourself, girlfriend, wife, kids, siblings, parents, etc. I feel it would make an excellent gift for them, or your favorite martial artist. However make sure they watch it, and learn how to do the techniques. In my opinion, the $40 spent on this tape, was WELL WORTH IT. If you get it and spend a little time practicing the techniques at home with someone, you should be well on your way to becoming "Street Safe".
The reason the tape didn't score higher, even though it possibly could've with different grading criteria, is primarily due to #4. It will provide martial artists with a good fighting plan, however Mr. Vunak on his tape clearly states it's really not the audience it's intended for. With that in mind, I had to knock off a couple of points. Other than that I believe it is probably the best thing out their for the non-martial artist. However I don't feel that 100% of the time it'll guarantee someone will come out ahead against any opponent, especially the experienced martial artist, boxer, etc. Therefore I had to give it a 9 on #5. Then on #10 we gave it an 8 based on there being only 8 techniques which comes out to roughly $5.00/technique.
Even having said all that, I still feel IT'S A REALLY GOOD TAPE THAT EVERYONE MIGHT WANT TO SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT OWNING!