Company: TRS
Tape Name: Street Safe # 2, Volume 1
Tape Cost: $97 (sold only as a set Vol 1 & 2)
Length of Tape/Time: 47 minutes (for V1 & V2)
Number of Moves/Techniques: 24
Return Policy: Varies by title
Experiences in dealing with this company: Good
The Instructor: Paul Vunak
Company's Address: 606 Acequia Avenue, Visalia, CA. 93292
Company's Phone Number: 1-800-899-8153
Web Page:

Primary Grading Criteria:

1. Production/Tape Quality: 10
2. Instructors demonstrated skill level: 10
3. Comprehension Score/Immediate Understanding: 9
4. Degree to which this will make someone a better Martial Artist: 9
5. Score on delivery vs hype: 10
6. Degree to which we would recommend this product: 9
7. Wasted Time ( The higher the number, the less " fluff" /repetition ): 10
8. Playback Score/Watching if over-and-over again: 9
9. Would I purchase more of this company's products:10
10. Overall grade based on cost vs. Value: 9

Grand Total: 95 %

Secondary Grading Criteria:

1. Beginners benefit: Excellent
2. Intermediate benefit: Excellent
3. Advanced benefit: Very Good
4. Time to benefit: Immediate
5. The need to buy additional tapes to understand this one: None

Written Summary:

For those readers who have seen Street Safe #1 (by TRS video and also featuring Paul Vunak), this video is a continuation of the material presented on that video. While Street Safe #1 claims to teach people to defeat " 95% of all street attacks ", this video series is intended to teach people how to defeat the remaining 5% of street attackers (meaning people who may be better trained or more sophisticated about fighting in general). The material presented here is straight out of Jeet Kune Do and Wing Chun Kung Fu and if the viewer has been exposed to either of these two arts, then he will feel right at home. Mr. Vunak begins with a review of the techniques shown in Street Safe #1 and moves on to a basic discussion of the major fighting ranges. From here, we are treated to Mr. Vunak demonstrating single trapping, multiple trapping arm wrenches, foot sweeping, joint locks and some very basic Gracie Jiu-Jitsu type groundfighting. There is a sobering segment on the use of a few potentially lethal techniques and we are warned by Mr. Vunak that these techniques are not for use on "people who cut you off in traffic".

This video will definitely help to make you a better fighter. If you have any training in arts that emphasize fighting in trapping range, then you probably have already been exposed to some of the material on this video. Still, it is a well made video and Mr. Vunak is a his colorful best explaining how to execute the techniques. This is a good no nonsense approach to street fighting that will be of some benefit to most martial artists.

Click here to go to reviews 201-300

© 1997-2016 Martial Arts Video Reviews. All Rights Reserved.